Australian Oaks field and barrier draw
AUSTRALIAN OAKS BARRIER DRAW 2020
The barrier draw has favoured Colette in Saturday’s Group 1 Australian Oaks (2400m) at Royal Randwick having come up with gate 4 in the field of 14.
The ultra-impressive last start winner strode to a 2.9-length victory in the Adrian Knox Stakes (2000m) defeating Toffee Tongue who again lines up in opposition and jumps from gate 2.
Trainer James Cummings will be hoping the daughter of Hallowed Crown can make it four in a row and give him his first win in the race.
Jamie Richards’ Probabeel and the Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott-prepared Shout The Bar are the highest rated fillies in the race and have drawn wide in barriers 12 and 10 respectively.
That pair fought out the finish in the Vinery Stud Stakes (2000m) with Shout The Bar prevailing by 0.3 of a length.
Chris Waller combined with James McDonald to win this race last year with Verry Elleegant, and on Saturday, the pair will aim for back-to-back wins with Vinery Stud Stakes 3rd placegetter Nudge.
Australian Oaks barrier draw and final field:
1. PROBABEEL (NZ) Jamie Richards – Opie Bosson (12) 56kg
2. SHOUT THE BAR Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott – Adam Hyeronimus (10) 56kg
3. NUDGE Chris Waller – James McDonald (6) 56kg
4. COLETTE James Cummings – Glen Boss (4) 56kg
5. GAME OF THORNS Kris Lees – Brenton Avdulla (9) 56kg
6. CONTRITION (NZ) Mick Price & Michael Kent (Jnr) – Sam Clipperton (11) 56kg
7. TOFFEE TONGUE (NZ) Chris Waller – Kerrin McEvoy (2) 56kg
8. DOROTHY OF OZ Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott – Tim Clark (1) 56kg
9. QUINTESSA Mark Newnham – Nash Rawiller (5) 56kg
10. ASPECT RATIO John Sargent – Ms Rachel King (13) 56kg
11. STRANGE CHARM Anthony Cummings – Jean Van Overmeire (a) (14) 56kg
12. STICK ’EM UP John Sargent – Jason Collett (8) 56kg
13. SATIN RAIN Anthony Cummings – Glyn Schofield (3) 56kg
14. COSMIC HAZE Brett Cavanough – Ms Kathy O’Hara (7) 56kg