Nature Strip among 13 Black Caviar Lightning Nominations
Flemington specialist Nature Strip has featured among 13 nominations for Saturday’s Group 1 Black Caviar Lightning (1000m) at Flemington.
The speedy son of Nicconi is unbeaten in four runs at Flemington including a dominant win in the VRC Classic (1200m) during the spring.
Trainer Chris Waller has given the five-year-old gelding two barrier trials in preparation for his first-up tilt, and he comfortably led all the way to score impressively in both.
VRC Classic runner-up Loving Gabby heads a list of four three-year-olds entered in the $750,000 feature, while other youngsters include Libertini, I Am Immortal and Dirty Work.
Dual The Everest (1200m) winner Redzel is on the other end of the scale and is the oldest horse among nominations at seven years of age.
2020 Black Caviar Lightning Nominations:
1. DESPATCH – Tony & Calvin McEvoy
2. DIRTY WORK – Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes
3. GIFT OF POWER (NZ) – Anthony Freedman
4. GYTRASH – Gordon Richards
5. I AM EXCITED M – David Pfieffer
6. I AM IMMORTAL – Anthony Freedman
7. LIBERTINI – Anthony Cummings
8. LOVING GABY – Ciaron Maher & David Eustace
9. MISS LEONIDAS – Shaun Dwyer
10. NATURE STRIP – Chris Waller
11. QUEEN ANNABEL – Rebecca Kelly
12. REDZEL – Peter & Paul Snowden
13. TOFANE (NZ) – Michael Moroney