Blue Diamond Stakes Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw has been declared for Saturday’s Group 1 Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m) at Caulfield.
Anthony Freedman’s unbeaten colt, Hanseatic, is favourite for the $1.5 million feature and has come up with gate 1 in a capacity field of 16.
The Street Boss colt was dominant winning the Blue Diamond Preview (1000m) by 2.5 lengths and then showed a blistering turn of foot in the Blue Diamond Prelude (1100m) to mow down Rulership.
Trent Busuttin and Natalie Young’s Letzbeglam won the fillies’ equivalent and recorded quicker overall time, and she aims for three in a row as she jumps from barrier 3.
Ciaron Maher and David Eustace have a strong hand in the juvenile feature with a total of six runners including Snitzel filly, Away Game, who took out the Gold Coast Magic Millions 2YO Classic (1200m) and the Group 3 Widden Stakes (1100m) at her last two starts.
2020 Blue Diamond Stakes field and barriers:
1. IDEAS MAN Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – Damian Lane (16) 56.5kg
2. HANSEATIC Anthony Freedman – Luke Currie (1) 56.5kg
3. RATHLIN Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – Ben Melham (11) 56.5kg
4. TANKER Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – John Allen (12) 56.5kg
5. TAGALOA Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young – Michael Walker (4) 56.5kg
6. RULERSHIP Peter & Paul Snowden – Mark Zahra (7) 56.5kg
7. GLENFIDDICH Robbie Griffiths – Glen Boss (9) 56.5kg
8. AWAY GAME Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – Jye McNeil (10) 54.5kg
9. A BEAUTIFUL NIGHT Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – Ms Linda Meech (2) 54.5kg
10. ARYAAF David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Luke Nolen (8) 54.5kg
11. LETZBEGLAM Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young – Brett Prebble (3) 54.5kg
12. MUNTASEERA Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – Damien Oliver (13) 54.5kg
13. PERSONAL David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Craig Williams (5) 54.5kg
14. RIVERINA STORM David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Dwayne Dunn (6) 54.5kg
15. FAYERRA Anthony Cummings – Michael Dee (14) 54.5kg
16. DIFFICULT John Moloney – Jordan Childs (15) 54.5kg