Small field of seven for Canterbury Stakes
A small field of seven runners will line up to contest Saturday’s Group 1 Canterbury Stakes (1300m) at Royal Randwick.
Standout begins from barrier five in the small field and will have jockey Tommy Berry riding. A winner of four from five starts, Standout captured the Group 2 Expressway Stakes (1200m) first up defeating Alizee and White Moss.
Alizee has barrier seven for jockey Hugh Bowman. Trainer James Cummings prepares two five-year-old mares in the race with Alizee and Savatiano engaged. The former has since won the Group 2 Apollo Stakes (1400m) beating Dreamforce and Happy Clapper while the latter won the Group 2 Millie Fox Stakes (1300m).
Jockey James McDonald rides Savatiano who has drawn gate two.
2020 Canterbury Stakes field and barriers:
1. MISTER SEA WOLF (IRE) Chris Waller – Brenton Avdulla (4) 59kg
2. THE BOSTONIAN (NZ) Tony Pike – Nash Rawiller (1) 59kg
3. BEGOOD TOYA MOTHER Daniel Bowman – Declan Bates (3) 59kg
4. ALIZEE James Cummings – Hugh Bowman (7) 57kg
5. SAVATIANO James Cummings – James McDonald (2) 57kg
6. WHITE MOSS Jason Coyle – Ms Kathy O’Hara (6) 57kg
7. STANDOUT Gerald Ryan – Tommy Berry (5) 56kg