CF Orr Stakes field and barrier draw
Group 1 racing returns to Caulfield on Saturday with the CF Orr Stakes final field and barrier draw being declared on Wednesday morning.
The James Cummings-prepared Avilius is the highest rated (116) runner in the field of 12 and has drawn favourably in barrier 3.
He looks to have returned in good order having finished off nicely behind Bivouac in a 900m barrier trial at Rosehill on January 28.
Impressive Australia Stakes (1200m) winner Scales Of Justice has drawn gate 7 and will be looking to claim another Caulfield Group 1 having taken out the Memsie Stakes (1400m) last spring.
Fierce Impact also aims to build on his impressive Group 1 resume having scored impressive victories in the Toorak Handicap (1600m) at Caulfield and the Cantala Stakes (1600m) at Flemington last campaign.
Hey Doc, Ringerdingding and Begood Toya Mother also come out of the Australia Stakes where they finished 2nd, 4th and 7th respectively behind Scales Of Justice.
As well as Avilius and Fierce Impact, four others head into the Group 1 opener first-up.
2020 CF Orr Stakes final field and barrier draw:
1. AVILIUS (GB) James Cummings – Damian Lane (3) 59kg
2. HEY DOC Tony & Calvin McEvoy – Luke Currie (5) 59kg
3. SCALES OF JUSTICE Lindsey Smith – Dean Yendall (7) 59kg
4. FIERCE IMPACT (JPN) Matthew Smith – Craig Williams (8) 59kg
5. KINGS WILL DREAM (IRE) Chris Waller – Mark Zahra (2) 59kg
6. FIFTY STARS (IRE) David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Jye McNeil (4) 59kg
7. SO SI BON David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Luke Nolen (12) 59kg
8. MIRAGE DANCER (GB) Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young – Ben Melham (9) 59kg
9. NIGHT’S WATCH (NZ) Chris Waller – Damien Oliver (11) 59kg
10. BEGOOD TOYA MOTHER Daniel Bowman – Declan Bates (6) 59kg
11. RINGERDINGDING Anthony Freedman – John Allen (1) 59kg
12. ALABAMA EXPRESS Michael Moroney – Michael Dee (10) 55.5kg
READ: CF Orr Stakes Odds