Champagne Stakes field and barrier draw
Champagne Stakes Barrier Draw 2020
Inglis Sires’ winner King’s Legacy has drawn well in Saturday’s Group 1 Champagne Stakes (1600m) at Royal Randwick as he will jump from barrier three. Full field and barrier draw for the 2020 Champagne Stakes.
A field of 10 will contest the Champagne Stakes and the Peter and Paul Snowden-trained two-year-old colt King’s Legacy will once again be ridden by jockey Hugh Bowman.
Michael, Wayne and John Hawkes prepare Ole Kirk who finished fourth in the Inglis Sires’ when beaten 1.9 lengths. The colt has drawn barrier eight with James McDonald to ride.
Holyfield is a winner of three from four and barrier five looks suitable for the Ciaron Maher and David Eustace-trained colt who will once again have the services of Tom Marquand. The pair won the Group 3 Schweppervescence (1400m) last start over Untamed who jumps from gate two in the Champagne Stakes.
Aim is a stablemate to King’s Legacy and has drawn barrier four. After starting his career with back to back wins, Aim hasn’t won since then with four runs producing a single placing in the Group 2 Skyline Stakes (1200m). He was last seen finishing fifth in the Inglis Sires’ when beaten 4.7 lengths.
Champagne Stakes Barrier Draw and Final Field
1. KING’S LEGACY Peter & Paul Snowden – Hugh Bowman (3) 56.5kg
2. GLENFIDDICH Robbie Griffiths – Tommy Berry (7) 56.5kg
3. AIM Peter & Paul Snowden – Kerrin McEvoy (4) 56.5kg
4. HOLYFIELD Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – Tom Marquand (5) 56.5kg
5. UNTAMED Peter & Paul Snowden – Nash Rawiller (2) 56.5kg
6. OLE KIRK Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes – James McDonald (8) 56.5kg
7. NOT AN OPTION Tony Pike – Opie Bosson (10) 56.5kg
8. PHILIZZY Anthony Cummings – Brenton Avdulla (9) 54.5kg
9. FAYERRA Anthony Cummings – Jason Collett (1) 54.5kg
10. MANDALONG BEYOND Mitchell & Desiree Kearney – James Innes Jnr (6) 54.5kg