Ladbrokes Greatest Ever Cox Plate Odds
A capacity field of 14 champions will contest the weight-for-age championship with superstars from across the globe and different eras of racing. Read on to see the Ladbrokes Greatest Ever Cox Plate odds, field and career stats.
Unbeaten European champion Frankel is one of two $5 favourites in the race alongside the mighty mare Winx.
Trained by Henry Cecil, Frankel won all 14 career starts as he showed his dominance in the 2000 Guineas, Sussex Stakes, Queen Elizabeth II Stakes, Lockinge Stakes, Queen Anne Stakes and International Stakes. Jockey Tom Queally will ride Frankel in the Greatest Ever Cox Plate.
Chris Waller’s Winx captured an unprecedented four Cox Plates between 2015 and 2018. She raced 43 times for 37 wins, including 33 consecutive victories. Winx won a world record 25 Group 1 races throughout her illustrious career. Hugh Bowman will once again be in the saddle.
Australia’s most recognisable champion Phar Lap is a $6 chance. Trained by Harry Telford and to be ridden by Jim Pike in the virtual race, Phar Lap raced 51 times for 37 wins. ‘Big Red’ won the Cox Plate in 1930 and 1931. He also raced on all four days of the Melbourne Cup Carnival, where he won all four races, including the 1930 Melbourne Cup.
American racing fans will be cheering for their beloved Secretariat who captured 16 wins from just 21 starts. The Lucien Laurin-trained three-year-old won the Triple Crown in 1973, breaking race records for all three races. His win in the Belmont Stakes was by an incredible 31 lengths with jockey Ron Turcotte riding.
Tulloch is the only other runner in single figures at $8.
The winner of the Greatest Ever Cox Plate will be revealed live on Channel 7 TWO with Victorian race caller Matthew Hill having the honour of calling the virtual race.
Ladbrokes Greatest Ever Cox Plate Odds, Final Field & Barrier Draw:
|1||14:12-1-0||Deep Impact||Yasuo Ikee||Yutaka Take||8||59kg|
|2||37:19-7-2||Northerly||Fred Kersley||Patrick Payne||10||59kg|
|3||14:14-0-0||Frankel||Henry Cecil||Tom Queally||1||59kg|
|4||33:15-7-1||Might And Power||Jack Denham||Jimmy Cassidy||7||59kg|
|5||54:29-6-8||Gunsynd||TJ Smith||Roy Higgins||3||59kg|
|6||53:36-12-4||Tulloch||TJ Smith||Neville Sellwood||5||59kg|
|7||23:14-4-1||So You Think||Bart Cummings||Steven Arnold||2||57.5kg|
|8||41:30-5-2||Kingston Town||TJ Smith||Malcolm Johnston||6||57.5kg|
|9||21:10-2-3||Dulcify||Colin Hayes||Brent Thomson||9||57.5kg|
|10||60:28-10-6||Tobin Bronze||Graeme Heagney||Jim Johnson||14||57.5kg|
|11||51:37-3-2||Phar Lap||Harry Telford||Jim Pike||11||57.5kg|
|12||43:37-3-0||Winx||Chris Waller||Hugh Bowman||12||57kg|
|13||48:32-9-3||Sunline||Trevor McKee||Greg Childs||4||57kg|
|14||21:16-3-1||Secretariat||Lucien Laurin||Ron Turcotte||13||56.5kg|
Terms & Conditions
- Markets not available in NSW and SA.
- The maximum bet for this market is $20.
- Ladbrokes reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this market at any time.
- Bets placed using bonus bets, bonus cash or Odds Boost are not eligible for this market.
- Ladbrokes terms and conditions also apply to this market.
Race Prediction Details
- To ensure the credibility and integrity of the race, no one at Ladbrokes will be able to view the race or the result before it runs live on Channel 7 on Friday, October 23.
- The race and its result will be based on historical data, which has been researched and built out by a third-party supplier, Timeform, to provide a designated rating for each horse. This data, which is unknown to Ladbrokes, along with a fixed starting price will be imputed into Inspired Entertainment’s algorithm to deliver the race result. This process will be undertaken twice, to deliver two separate races and likely two different outcomes. One of these races, which will be delivered directly from Inspired Entertainment to Channel 7, will be randomly selected on the day to be run as the actual Ladbrokes Greatest Ever Cox Plate.
- Ladbrokes will have no say in this race selection and will not know the outcome until the race is run and won.