George Ryder Stakes final field and barrier draw
- Te Akau Shark draws wide
The Group 1 George Ryder Stakes barrier draw was announced on Wednesday morning with a final field of 9 to contest the $1 million event.
The Jamie Richards-trained Te Akau Shark is the current race favourite and has come up with barrier eight in the nine-horse field as he attempts to bring up a hat-trick of wins this preparation and remain unbeaten this time in.
Fellow New Zealander, The Bostonian is coming off a solid first-up win in the Group One Canterbury Stakes and the five-year-old gelding has drawn right alongside Te Akau Shark in gate seven.
Anthony Freedman’s three-year-old, Super Seth, drew the outside gate (9) and is untried in heavy going.
The two Godolphin runners, Best Of Days and Alizee have drawn along side each other in barriers one and two respectively.
2020 George Ryder Stakes final field and barrier draw:
1. HAPPY CLAPPER Patrick Webster – Tommy Berry (6) 59kg
2. TE AKAU SHARK (NZ) Jamie Richards – Opie Bosson (8) 59kg
3. THE BOSTONIAN (NZ) Tony Pike – James McDonald (7) 59kg
4. DREAMFORCE John Thompson – Nash Rawiller (4) 59kg
5. BEST OF DAYS (GB) James Cummings – Kerrin McEvoy (1) 59kg
6. ALIZEE James Cummings – Hugh Bowman (2) 57kg
7. SUPER SETH Anthony Freedman – Mark Zahra (9) 56kg
8. BRANDENBURG (NZ) John Sargent – Glen Boss (3) 56kg
9. SPEND Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes – Tim Clark (5) 56kg