Ranvet Stakes final field and barrier draw
- Ranvet Stakes favourite draws barrier 6
The Group 1 Ranvet Stakes barrier draw was conducted on Wednesday morning with a final field of 8 declared.
Race favourite Addeybb has drawn gate six in the $700,000 event which shouldn’t be a major issue in the small field.
The visiting Irish galloper hasn’t raced for 22 weeks but does bring a big reputation with him, boasting seven wins from his 15 career starts.
The Kris Lees-trained Mugatoo came up with barrier four and after his top performance, winning the Canberra Cup, he should settle back in field and be doing his best work late.
The Godolphin-owned Avilius who won this race last year, has drawn well in gate two and along with Verry Elleegant (barrier eight), are the only track and distance winners in the field.
2020 Ranvet Stakes final field and barrier draw:
1. AVILIUS (GB) James Cummings – Hugh Bowman (2) 59kg
2. ADDEYBB (IRE) William Haggas – Tom Marquand (6) 59kg
3. MUGATOO (IRE) Kris Lees – *Not Notified (4) 59kg
4. NORWAY (IRE) Chris Waller – Craig Williams (1) 58.5kg
5. VERRY ELLEEGANT (NZ) Chris Waller – James McDonald (8) 57kg
6. DANZDANZDANCE Chris Waller – Opie Bosson (3) 57kg
7. NETTOYER Wendy Roche – Glen Boss (7) 57kg
8. YOUNGSTAR Chris Waller – Kerrin McEvoy (5) 57kg