South Australian Derby field & barrier draw
The South Australian Derby barrier draw was announced on Tuesday morning with a final field of 14 three-year-olds set to line up at Morphettville on Saturday.
Leading local hope Dalasan has drawn barrier 9 and will be aiming for a hat-trick of wins having claimed the Port Adelaide Guineas (1800m) and Chairman’s Stakes (2035m).
Chairman’s Stakes placegetters Themoonlightgambler (2nd) and Warning (3rd) have come up with gates 1 and 3 respectively.
Russian Camelot who won at Pakenham by seven lengths and Canterbury winner Miyake join Dalasan as the only other last start winners in Saturday’s event.
Paul Preusker is the only trainer to be saddling up more than one runner having entered Rising Archie and St Arnicca for the $400,000 feature.
2020 South Australian Derby barrier draw and final field:
1. DALASAN Leon Macdonald & Andrew Gluyas – Jason Holder (9) 56.5kg
2. WARNING Anthony Freedman – Damien Thornton (3) 56.5kg
3. THEMOONLITEGAMBLER John McArdle – Dean Holland (1) 56.5kg
4. RUSSIAN CAMELOT (IRE) Danny O’Brien – John Allen (7) 56.5kg
5. MIYAKE Chris Waller – Todd Pannell (14) 56.5kg
6. SAINT EUSTACE (NZ) Mick Price & Michael Kent (Jnr) – Zac Spain (6) 56.5kg
7. RISING ARCHIE Paul Preusker – Ethan Brown (12) 56.5kg
8. ROCK STEADY (NZ) Phillip Stokes – TBA (13) 56.5kg
9. ST ARNICCA Paul Preusker – Ethan Brown (5) 56.5kg
10. EXALTED AMBITION Grant Young – Ryan Hurdle (8) 56.5kg
11. SOWPODS Gordon Richards – Shayne Cahill (4) 56.5kg
12. MOONLIGHT MAID Mitchell Freedman – Jake Toeroek (10) 54.5kg
13. SILENT SOVEREIGN Tony & Calvin McEvoy – Barend Vorster (11) 54.5kg
14. ZAYYDANI (NZ) David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Dom Tourneur (2) 54.5kg