Canterbury Tips May 5
- Get our best bets for Canterbury racing
Looking for tips on racing at Canterbury races? Our form analysts give you the best bets for a profitable day of punting.
See our free Canterbury tips and best bets below:
Race 5 - 3:10PM TAB HANDICAP (1250 METRES)
Best Bet 🏆No. 8 SAHRA $4.60 Bet Now!
Second-up today, the Team Snowden-trained SAHRA looks ideally placed here to give this a real shake. Last start, the Hinchinbrook filly was resuming from a 14-week spell and gave a good account of herself when finishing third in a BM64 over 1100m at Gosford. She drew the outside gate (9) and settled near the tail of the field but finished strongly to grab the bronze medal. She also posted the fastest overall sectionals for the race that day. Rachel King returns for her third ride on the three-year-old and from gate three, gets the gun-run and should settle near mid-field on the fence with cover. Fitter for that first-up run, she will take beating here.
Race 6 - 3:50PM XXXX HANDICAP (1900 METRES)
Next Best 🥈No. 4 MY DELIGHT $5.50 Bet Now!
The Chris Waller-trained MY DELIGHT has three starts behind her now and looks right in the mix here today. Two starts back, the Sebring filly won her maiden, here on a rain affected track over the 1550m trip. Then last start she on a BM64 field at Newcastle where she stepped to 1880m and after a torrid run from the outside gate (12), she wasn’t disgraced when charging home to finish just behind the placegetters, beaten 1.5 lengths on the line. She still managed to run the second fastest overall sectionals for that contest. She covered the trip, 1.6 lengths above benchmark, setting a new personal best and her last 600m was covered, 2 lengths quicker than benchmark, also the second-best in this line up. Kerrin McEvoy rode her to that maiden victory and returns here to partner the filly again. Drawn to do no work early, she jumps from gate three today and after three runs now, should be rock hard in fitness and will be hard to hold out here.
Race 7 - 4:25PM THE AGENCY REAL ESTATE HANDICAP (1550 METRES)
Next Best 🥈No. 9 MEDIA STARGUEST $5.50 Bet Now!
Down in the weights here, the Ronny Quinton-trained MEDIA STARGUEST looks a genuine winning chance in this contest today. Last start, the Rubick gelding was having his first look at Canterbury and only his second run against city class gallopers where he faced a BM72 field over the 1550m trip. Unwanted in the market ($13), he settled mid-field with Louise Day aboard and in the run home, ran down the leaders to beat all but one to the line, beaten less than a length that day. He ran the journey, 3.3 lengths quicker than benchmark, the second-best in this field and setting a new personal best as well. Day sticks with him here and from barrier eight, his early gate speed has him settling better than field according to the speed map. After Day’s claim, he carries just 1kg over the limit at 55kgs and the forecast Soft 5 track does him even more favours as both previous career wins have come on soft tracks. Five starts this preparation have resulted in three top-two finishes and he looks a real threat here.
See our latest FREE HORSE RACING TIPS
Canterbury Bonus Bets
Terms and conditions
Limits and conditions apply. Refer to the ‘Toolbox’ to view product availability for your account.
PriceBoost cannot be used in conjunction with other products or promotions.
For the full General terms and conditions visit: https://www.neds.com.au/rules-terms-and-conditions
__Bet Back General Terms and Conditions __
Section 14 of General Terms and Conditions
14.1 The Bet Back Tool, and use of the Bet Back Tool, shall be governed by these General Promotional Terms and Conditions, in addition to the Terms and Conditions.
14.2 NEDS may, in its absolute discretion, make the Bet Back Tool available to eligible Customers for use in selected markets, events or types of Bets.
14.3 The Bet Back Tool is not available for use in conjunction with any other Promotional Offer or Promotional Tool.
14.4 The Bet Back Tool is only available for use with single ‘win’ only Bets. ‘Win’ portion of each-way Bets are not eligible for use with the Bet Back Tool.
14.5 The Bet Back Tool is not available for use on ‘Multi-Bets’, ‘Exotic Bets’ or ‘Future Bets’ as those terms are defined in the NEDS Betting Rules.
14.6 The Bet Back Tool is only available for use on eligible Australian and New Zealand thoroughbred racing events.
14.7 The Bet Back Tool is only available for use where eight (8) or more runners start the race.
14.8 The Bet Back Tool is available for Bets placed on the NEDS Betting Platform or for Bets placed by telephone.
14.9 If Bet Back Tool is made available for use with your eligible Bet, then:
(a) You will see Bet Back Tool button/icon underneath your selection on your ‘Quick Slip’ displayed on the Betting Platform;
(b) If you wish to use the Bet Back Tool in connection with your Bet, you must click on the Bet Back Tool button/icon to submit your request to use the Bet Back Tool (‘Bet Back Request’);
(c) If your Bet Back Request is accepted by NEDS and your Selected Runner comes second or third, then you will be credited with Bonus Cash payout equal to the amount of the Bet on your Selected Runner (up to maximum of $50.00) (‘Bet Back Refund’).
14.10 Your Bet Back Request cannot be cancelled or changed once it has been submitted by you, even if the amount of your Bet on your Selected Runner is partially accepted by NEDS after you have made the Bet Back Request.
14.11 Your Bet Back Request will not be deemed to have been approved and processed by NEDS until you receive Bet Back Refund in the Bonus Cash section in your Account.
14.12 If there is a time out or other intermittent failure of your connection to the NEDS Betting Platform between the time you submit a Bet Back Request until when you receive confirmation that the Bet Back Request has been accepted or rejected (‘Pending Request’), you may not be able to use the Bet Back on another Bet until such confirmation of the Pending Request is displayed in your Bet Statement.
14.13 Each eligible customer will be allocated a fixed number of times they can use the Bet Back Tool in each 24 hour period at NEDS’ absolute discretion. The allocated quota of uses of the Bet Back Tool will reset at midnight (AEST) each day and any unused quota for that day will expire and will not roll-over to the next day.
14.14 All Bet Back Refunds are determined on final race results only and shall not be paid on interim results or results that are subject to a protest. Bet Back Refunds will be credited in Bonus Cash within 24 hours of the final results being determined.
14.15 All Bet Back Refunds shall be processed as Bonus Cash and shall be credited to the Bonus Cash section in your Account.
(a) If the runner you have selected to use your Bet Back Tool on (‘Bet Back Runner’) is scratched, your Bet will be refunded in accordance with the scratching rules contained in the NEDS Betting Rules, and your Bet Back Tool allocation for that day may be used again on another race.
(b) Your Bet Back Tool allocation should reappear in your Account within 1 (one) hour of the scratching. If it has not been reallocated within this time frame, contact NEDS Customer Support for assistance.
14.17 Dead Heat rules do not apply to Bet Back Refunds. A tie for second or third between your Bet Back Runner and another runner will not affect your eligibility for a Bet Back Refund.
14.18 Abandoned Races
(a) If the race featuring your Bet Back Runner is abandoned, then your Bet will be refunded as per NEDS Betting Rules and your Bet Back Tool allocation for that day may be used again on another race.
(b) Your Bet Back Tool allocation should reappear in your Account within 1 (one) hour of the race being confirmed as abandoned by NEDS. If it has not been reallocated within this time frame, contact NEDS Customer Support for assistance.
14.19 NEDS reserves the right to change, suspend or remove the availability of the Bet Back Tool at any time.
14.20 NEDS reserves the right to void any Bets placed using the Bet Back Tool if there has been an obvious and manifest error by NEDS and/or a breach of any of the Terms and Conditions by the Customer.
Terms and conditions
Available from approx. 9:30am local track time for thoroughbred races that day, and 30 minutes prior to scheduled race time for Greyhound races. Availability dependent on field size. T&Cs available on website.
Terms and conditions
- The maximum bonus bet for this promotion is $50.
- If more than one 3+ leg same race multi bet is placed, then the first 3+ leg same race multi bet to be resulted into the account with only one losing leg will be deemed to be the Qualifying Bet for the purpose of this offer.
- The offer also applies to same race multi bets selected as part of same race multi combinations. Where same race multi combos have been selected for the event, the sum of each 3+ leg with 1 losing leg combination’s “stake per combo” will be added together to return a single Bonus Bet up to a maximum of $50.
- This offer is only available at Canterbury on May 05 2021.
- Your 3+ leg same race multi bet must fail by only one leg to qualify for a Bonus Bet matching the stake.
- Bets placed using bonus bets, bonus cash or other Ladbrokes’ promotions are not eligible for this promotion
- Bonus Bet expires 7 days from issue.
- Same Race Multi markets are available at approximately 9:30am local track time on raceday.
- Live in-play bets and cashed out / partial cash out bets are excluded from this offer.
- Ladbrokes reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this offer at any time.
- This offer is available for recreational punters only and clients not participating in the spirit of the promotion will be excluded.
- Ladbrokes terms and conditions also apply to this offer.
Terms and conditions
1. The refund offer applies only to your first 3 or more leg Same Race Multi bet placed on ALL RACES at Warrnambool & Canterbury on Wednesday 5th May 2021, placed over the Internet. 2. To be eligible, you must place a Same Race Multi of 3 legs or more and only one leg must lose. Minimum total odds of the Same Race Multi must be $2.00. 3. Same Race Multi markets are available from 9:30am AEDT on the morning of the raceday. 4. This offer excludes SA & WA residents. 5. Bonus Bets, Cashed Out bets, Multibets, Megabets, Exotics, Telephone bets and Live Betting are excluded from the offer. 6. Bonus Bets will be equal to the value of the Member’s original bet stake, up to a maximum of $50. 7. The bonus bets will be credited to the Member’s account within 24 hours of the completion of the event. 8. Standard Bonus Bet Terms & Conditions apply. Visit https://helpcentre.sportsbet.com.au for more information. 9. This offer is only available to you if you comply with Sportsbet’s General Rules.