Mackay Tips July 16
- Guide to the best chances at Mackay races
Get the Racingbase.com.au guide to the best tips for each Mackay race meeting. Follow our Mackay tips and the best bets to be backing.
Below is our guide to the best chances at Mackay today:
Race 2 - 1:12PM MACKAY CUP SAT 24TH JULY QTIS Three-Years-Old Handicap (1300 METRES)
Best Value 💰No. 4 BOONA BOY $10.00 Bet Now!
The ever-consistent BOONA BOY (best odds $10 with Ladbrokes) makes the trip south from Townsville today and looks well placed here to put in another first-class performance at great each-way odds. Last start the Spill The Beans gelding made it six top-four finishes straight as he crossed the line in fourth place against his own age over 1400m at Townsville. He was up against some very smart three-year-olds that day, including the winner (Cleaver Greene) who made it a hat-trick day and is unbeaten in his current campaign. Boona Boy ran the 1400m out, 6.9 lengths slower than benchmark that day but it still rates the best here. Drawn much better today (gate 3), he maps to settle in the first half-dozen and is reunited with Marnu Potgieter who was in the saddle for the three-year-old’s last victory, four starts back at Townsville. The Jared Wehlow-trained Courtesy Bus is clearly the one to beat here but drawn in gate 11 (of 12) he has some work to do from out there and is yet to win when third-up. An each-way ticket on Les Gordy’s galloper looks the go today.
Race 5 - 3:04PM S.H. TAIT & CO CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS BM70 Handicap (1050 METRES)
Next Best 🥈No. 11 WHICH LILY $3.80 Bet Now!
Charters Towers galloper WHICH LILY (best odds $3.80 with Sportsbet) has a sensational resume which shows 10 podium finishes from her 12 career starts and well placed here today, that looks like it could remain the story of the day. Last start, the Falvelon filly was fresh off a 10-week spell when she lined up against a smart filed at Class 6 level where she wasn’t disgraced when finishing second behind Roy Chillemi’s Bet On Love that day. Trying to lead all the way, she just ran out of puff over the final stages after leading by nearly four lengths on the corner. She ran the trip, 3 lengths slower than benchmark which still rates the best in this field. Her biggest hurdle here is the wide draw (11) but with her early gate speed, she can be up on the pace when they settle. Graham Kliese returns for the ride after steering the filly to victory, two starts back at Cairns. Already a second-up winner and fitter for that first-up run, she looks a genuine winning chance again.
Race 8 - 5:00PM TAB NEWMARKET Handicap (1300 METRES)
Best Bet 🏆No. 5 BRAD $4.50 Bet Now!
The Bannon Racing Team saddle up stablemates here with track specialist BRAD (best odds $4.50 with Bet365) standing out as our best of the day. Last start, the Medaglia d’Oro gelding settled at the tail of the field with his stablemate Star of O’Reilly and at one stage, the pair were spotting the race leaders more than a dozen lengths. In the run home, it all changed with the Bannon pair storming home down the centre of the track to take control and the pair hit the line together with Brad missing by a whisker in the end, finishing second, beaten a nose on the line. He ran his last 600m, 5.5 lengths quicker than benchmark, the second best here, still 1.3 lengths faster than his stablemate. They both step up to the 1300m today as they stake a claim for the coveted Newmarket trophy. Both have won over the trip, only Brad boasts four victories to ‘O’Reilly’s’ one. The telling point today will no doubt be seen at the weights. Brad carried 63kgs last start while Star of O’Reilly carried 55kgs, an 8kg advantage. Brad meets him 5kgs better today which can prove all the difference here. I am putting Brad on top here with successful and regular stable rider Carl Spry aboard. They are both expected to drop back at the start so barriers are of little importance. While Rockhampton Newmarket winner, Last Chance and the Garnet Taylor-trained Bold Style have claims here, I still expect the Bannon Racing Team to quinella the hometown Newmarket Hcp for 2021.
See our latest FREE HORSE RACING TIPS
Terms and conditions
- The maximum bonus bet for this promotion is $50.
- The offer applies to the first qualifying 3+ leg same race multi bet placed by the customer on the race.
- If more than one 3+ leg same race multi bet is placed, then the first 3+ leg same race multi bet to be resulted into the account with only one losing leg will be deemed to be the Qualifying Bet for the purpose of this offer.
- The offer also applies to same race multi bets selected as part of same race multi combinations. Where same race multi combos have been selected for the event, the sum of each 3+ leg with 1 losing leg combination’s “stake per combo” will be added together to return a single Bonus Bet up to a maximum of $50.
- This offer is only available on all Races at Mackay on July 16, 2021.
- Your 3+ leg same race multi bet must fail by only one leg to qualify for a Bonus Bet matching the stake.
- Bets places using bonus bets, bonus cash, Neds Tool Box Tools and other Promotional Offers are not eligible for this promotion.
- Bonus Bet expires 7 days from issue.
- Same Race Multi markets are available at approximately 9:30am local track time on raceday.
- Live in-play bets and cashed out / partial cash out bets are excluded from this offer.
- Neds reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this offer at any time.
- This offer is available for recreational punters only and clients not participating in the spirit of the promotion will be excluded.
- Neds terms and conditions also apply to this offer.