Randwick Tips January 23
- Best bets for Randwick each week.
Looking for Randwick tips on Saturday or want midweek runners to back?
Our form analysts give you the best bets for a profitable day of punting.
Royal Randwick is one of Sydney’s premier racecourses and is home to many prestigious Group 1 races throughout the autumn and spring.
As well as the main track, Randwick Racecourse contains a second track known as Kensington.
Race 2 - 1:15PM TAB HIGHWAY HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
Best Bet 🏆No. 1 ART CADEAU $2.90 Bet Now!
Ideally placed here, ART CADEAU has drawn a better gate and lines up a genuine winning chance. Two starts back, the Artie Schiller gelding revelled in the heavy going at Rosehill where he comfortably took out a Highway Class 3 over 1200m. Then last start, he came off a four-week freshen-up and dropping back in grade beat all but one home in a Highway Class 2 at the same track, on a Good 4. He drew wide that day and was travelled three-deep to the turn where he fanned even wider. The four-year-old ran home strongly to finish second, beaten a length on the line. He ran the last 600m 5.7 lengths quicker than benchmark, 5 lengths better than his opposition here, and brings into this event, the best PB, finishing 5.4 lengths better than benchmark in that Class 3 win two starts back. He has a glowing resume, having never finished worse than second from his eight career starts and with Tommy Berry sticking with him here, from gate three he looks set to do it again.
Race 6 - 3:40PM HEINEKEN HANDICAP (2000 METRES)
Next Best 🥈No. 4 SACRAMENTO $3.20 Bet Now!
Third-up here, the Waterhouse/Bott-trained SACRAMENTO is back in winning form and looks every chance of going back-to-back in this contest. Last start, the Pierro gelding showed good fighting spirit to ward off his challenges when winning a BM78 over 1800m at Randwick. He ran that trip out 10.6 lengths quicker than benchmark equalled here by just one other. His personal best was set two starts back, when finishing third in a BM78 over the same journey. That day he ran it out 12.7 lengths quicker than benchmark which is the best in this field. Sam Clipperton was onboard for both fresh runs and remains with the four-year-old here. He draws wide here but has good early gate speed and should manage to cross and settle on pace. Placed twice from two previous third-up runs, he looks well placed here to go one better.
Race 10 - 6:15PM DRINKWISE MILE (1600 METRES)
Best Value 💰No. 3 MATOWI $11.00 Bet Now!
Shooting for some value in the last of the day, the Chris Waller-trained MATOWI looks a solid each-way chance in this contest. Two starts back, the Ocean Park gelding was coming off a BM88 win over the mile at Kembla Grange where he lined up against similar company at Randwick. He drew the car park that day (13 of 14) and settling near last, never got into the race, but finished fifth, beaten only three lengths on the line. Then last start, conditions were the same, and again drew poorly (gate 12 of 12). He managed to settle mid-field this time and finished a lot closer in sixth place behind Bigboyroy, beaten just a length on the line. He covered the trip, 5.7 lengths quicker than benchmark and ran the fastest last 600m race sectional as well. Six starts back, he ran a personal best over the 1600m at this track, 10.9 lengths quicker than benchmark which is the best PB in this field. After early scratchings, he jumps from gate seven here and has Hugh Bowman replacing James McDonald (who rides the stablemate Betcha Flying here). Bowman boasts a glowing record with the galloper, having won three times on him from six starts. The five-year-old looks much better placed here than his last two runs and looks good value with the bagmen.
See our latest FREE HORSE RACING TIPS
Randwick Bonus Bets
Terms and conditions
- The maximum bonus bet for this promotion is $50.
- This offer is only available on Races 1-3 at Randwick & Sandown on January 23, 2021.
- The “Switch” product enables you to choose between Double Your Winnings and Bonus Back for 2nd or 3rd on the selected market.
- The Switch product (and in turn, the use of the Double Your Winnings promotion or the Run 2nd or 3rd Bonus Back promotion) is only available on your first single fixed win bet for the selected market.
- You can only use the Switch product once per event.
- When choosing Double Your Winnings, winning eligible bets will receive double winnings paid up to $50 in bonus bets on the win component only (excluding stake).
- This offer applies to fixed odds win bets only and does not apply to place bets or exotics.
- This offer applies to the first fixed odds bet in the race only.
- Bonus Bet must be redeemed 7 days after recipience.
- Once you have selected your promotion (through the use of the Switch product or not), and you have placed your bet, you will not be able to use any other promotions on that market.
- The terms and conditions associated with the individual promotions that you can switch between still apply at all times.
- This offer is available for recreational punters only and clients not participating in the spirit of the promotion will be excluded.
- Bets placed using bonus bets or bonus cash are not eligible for this promotion.
- Ladbrokes terms and conditions also apply to this offer.
Terms and conditions
1. Place a Fixed Odds bet on ALL Races at Sandown & Randwick on Saturday 23rd January 2021 & if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd get up to $50 back in bonus bets. 2. The Bonus Bet offer applies only to your first Fixed Odds bet on the Win or Each Way Market placed over the Internet. Win portion of Each Way applies. 3. This offer excludes SA & WA residents. 4. Bonus Bets, Multibets, Megabets, Exotics, Telephone bets and Live Betting are excluded from the offer. 5. Bonus Bets will be equal to the value of the Member’s original bet stake, up to a maximum of $50. 6. If a protest is upheld and your selection is relegated to 2nd, you will not receive the promotion. If your horse finishes 2nd and is promoted to 1st via an upheld protest, bets are also ineligible for the offer. 7. The bonus bets will be credited to the Member’s account within 24 hours of the completion of the event. 8. Standard Bonus Bet Terms & Conditions apply. Visit https://helpcentre.sportsbet.com.au for more information. 9. This offer is only available to you if you comply with Sportsbet’s General Rules.
Terms and conditions
Saturday Racing Offer: *Excludes WA & SA residents. Promo T&Cs apply. Available once per person per race on first Fixed Odds win bet placed online on Races 1-6 at Randwick & Sandown on Saturday 23/01/2021 with a minimum field of 4 runners. Bonus Bet equal to stake up to $50. No multi, bonus, cash out, partial cash out or live bets qualify. Think! About your choices. Call Gambler’s Help, Gambling Help or the ACT Gambling Counselling & Support Service on 1800 858 858 www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au or www.gamblinghelponline.org.au. Don’t chase your losses. Walk away. Gamble Responsibly.