Townsville Tips June 4
- Our best bets for Townsville races
Looking for tips on racing at Townsville races? Our form analysts give you the best bets for a profitable day of punting.
See our free Townsville tips and best bets for today:
TOWNSVILLE TIPS – june 4
Race 5 – 1:57PM CALTEX YABULU Class 2 Plate (1000 METRES)
The Roy Chillemi-trained GENERAL SHORT is second-up off a lengthy eight-month stint in the paddock, and will only improve on his first-up effort here. The Harbour Watch gelding never missed a top-three finish in his first five starts whilst in the hands of Victorian trainer Patrick Payne. After finishing fourth in a one-off visit to Morphettville, he was sent north to the Chillemi stables on the Atherton Tablelands (Tolga). After four starts in his new environment, he has been thereabouts in his racing, finishing just behind the placegetters in most of his events. He was put out for that long spell after three runs, and resumed here two weeks back in a BM0-65. He had to deal with a Heavy 8 that day and clearly wasn’t impressed with the conditions, finishing mid-field in the 1000m sprint. A Soft 5 is forecast for the Cluden Park track on Thursday and both of the gelding’s victories were achieved on soft tracks. Stephen Wilson retains the ride and from gate six, he should be somewhere near the pace with cover. He has a solid second-up record and I am expecting a big improvement from the four-year-old in the contest.
Race 9 – 4:27PM UNVEILING OF TTC JOCKEY FACILITIES OPEN Handicap (1400 METRES)
The locally-trained DALON is back to his brilliant best and third-up here, he will prove mighty hard to run down. 19 of his 20 career starts have been here on the Cluden Park track and he has finished in the money on no less than 16 occasions. First-up this time in and he didn’t quite have the stamina to match it with the Class 6 field, finishing mid-field, but beaten only 2.5 lengths on the line. After a four-week freshen-up, he was ready to go and last start he destroyed his Class 6 rivals over the longer 1300m trip, on a Heavy 8 that day. Regular rider Bonnie Thomson returns to the saddle here and she has partnered the Falvelon gelding on 11 previous occasions for four wins and five minor placings. His early gate speed negates the wide draw here and he should be in the first couple on settling. He enjoys dictating the pace and if left alone, this field will have their hands full running him down. A solid third-up record comes into this race with him and although he is yet to win in Open company (after finishing in the minor money on two previous attempts), his last start performance was worthy of selection here.
See our latest FREE HORSE RACING TIPS
Terms and conditions
- The maximum Bonus Bet for this promotion is $100 per race.
- This offer is only available on race 1 at Townsville on June 4 2020.
- This offer applies to fixed odds win bets only and does not apply to place bets or exotics.
- This offer applies to the first bet in the race only.
- Bonus Bet must be redeemed 7 days after the start of race 1 at Townsville.
- This offer is available for recreational punters only and clients not participating in the spirit of the promotion will be excluded.
- Bets placed using bonus bets, Extra Head, Bet Back, Fluc Up, Back Up or Jump Off are not eligible for this promotion.
- This promotion is limited to one bet per person, per household.
- Neds terms and conditions (including General Promotional Terms and Conditions) also apply to this offer.