DOOMBEN RACECOURSE: TIPS, BETTING ADVICE & TRACK GUIDE
The Doomben Racecourse was first opened in 1933 and is the home of the Brisbane Racing Club.
It is approximately a 15-minute drive from the Brisbane CBD with its neighbour being the Eagle Farm Racecourse, which makes it the place to be for racing in Queensland.
Doomben is home to a total of two Group 1 races:
- Queensland Oaks
- Doomben Cup
Doomben Racetrack has a circumference of 1,715m with a 350m straight with races run clockwise.
BETTING ON DOOMBEN RACES
They also offer some of the best odds on Doomben racing throughout the year.
Or take advantage of the top 5 bookmaker deals below.
- Read review Daily Double Your Winnings & Bonus Bet offers RecommendedNew Customers Join Now
- Read review New Customers Join Now
- Read Review Access the Neds Toolbox & Bonus Bet offers for 2nd & 3rd New Customers Join Now
- Read review Venue Mode! Great Promos! Watch Every race live with Sky Racing New Customers Join Now
- Read review Live Stream Sky Racing AUS & NZ races New Customers Join Now
DOOMBEN RACECOURSE LIVE STREAM
In order to watch races, live on the TAB app or website, you must create an account and click on the race you wish to view.
Sportsbet have a Watch Live icon that will appear on their website and app. To watch a livestream of Doomben racing:
- Got to sportsbet.com.au or their app
- Click on ‘Racing’ in the left-hand menu
- Select Doomben from the list of ‘Racing’ meetings
- Click the play icon or ‘Watch Live’ icon for the specific Doomben race that you wish to view
DOOMBEN RACECOURSE HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
The first race meeting at Doomben was held in 1933 and is home to the Brisbane Racing Club which was formed in 2009.
The racetrack was used during the Pacific War by allied powers, it was reopened for thoroughbred racing in 1946.
The Doomben Racecourse has over 35 functional spaces from trackside marquees, bars and luxury dining facilities. The newly renovated ‘Village’ is available for those who appreciate the general admission entry.
DOOMBEN RACECOURSE GROUP 1 RACES
Doomben is home to two Group 1 races during the Brisbane Winter Carnival with the first of the calendar year being the Doomben Cup (2,000m), followed by the Queensland Oaks.
The Doomben Cup (2,000m) is run in under-weight-for-age conditions with a total prize pool of $700,000.
DOOMBEN RACECOURSE TRACK AND FACILITIES
Doomben Racetrack has a circumference of 1,715m and a 350m straight which is run on turf.
Doomben Racecourse is the home of winter racing in Queensland due to its magnificent racing surface and events.
A significant renovation to Doomben in 1982 provided it with new world class facilities.
Doomben is also the home of one of the Brisbane Racing Club’s headquarters.
DOOMBEN RACECOURSE EVENTS
To see the upcoming Doomben Racecourse events, click the link below to visit the Brisbane Racing Club website.
Doomben has free entry on selected racedays; however, children and pensioners are eligible for free entry on all racedays.
HOW TO GET TO DOOMBEN RACECOURSE FROM BRISBANE CBD?
There are many different options to travel from the Brisbane CBD to Doomben Racecourse. Here are some directions on how to get to the racetrack.
- Walk to Adelaide St, Stop 23, near David Jones
- Catch Bus route 301 to Hampden St at Hopetoun Street, Stop 30, Ascot (Brisbane City)
- Walk 34m to Doomben Racecourse (1 mins)
- Depart from Brisbane CBD
- Continue onto Eagle Street (500m)
- Continue onto Breakfast Creek Road towards Newstead (2.4km)
- Turn left onto Nudgee Road (3.7km)
- Continue straight until the destination is on your right (1.1km)
- 75 Hampden Street, Ascot QLD 4007, Australia