Reasons to join BlueBet
- Australian publicly listed company
- 100% Australian owned
- Website is neat and easy to navigate
- Great AFL & NRL promos
- Excellent customer service
- Horse Racing Live Streams
- They offer less sports markets than some rival bookmakers
- No live streaming of sports
BlueBet Sports Betting
BlueBet was launched in 2015 under the guidance of CEO Michael Sullivan, the man that was previously in charge of Sportingbet; that bookmaker would later become known as William Hill.
When it comes to betting at BlueBet, there is a vast array of racing and sporting markets. All three racing codes are covered – thoroughbred, harness and greyhounds.
Sports fans will have access to all major competitions around the world with markets covering AFL, NRL, NBA, soccer, cricket and tennis.
We will preview all features available at BlueBet.com.au in our comprehensive BlueBet review.
The Latest BlueBet Codes Info For 2023
Is there a Bonus Code for BlueBet?
There is no BlueBet bonus code required to access all of the fantastic betting markets and promotions available. That means you can quickly sign up for an account with BlueBet and start betting on your favourite racing and sports markets right away.
Is there a code for a BlueBet Bonus?
Only existing BlueBet customers are eligible for bonus offers, and BlueBet account holders do not need a bonus code for standard promotions.
Does BlueBet Offer a Sign-up Bonus?
There is currently no BlueBet sign up offer, but that doesn’t mean you will miss out on some of the best promotions available.
A combination of daily and weekly promotions can be viewed by logging into your BlueBet account and clicking on Promotions.
About BlueBet Bonus Promos
BlueBet offer a variety of Bonus Back promotions across racing’s three codes. For example, on greyhounds: Back a greyhound and if it runs 2nd, get $50% of your stake back as cash – up to $50 cash back. Or, MULTI BONUS: 20% bonus on 3+ leg Fixed Odds Win Multis. Or, EXOTIC BONUS: 20% bonus on Quinellas, Trifectas & First 4s on all Australian greyhound races.
BlueBet have similar offers on thoroughbred racing during the week and much bigger bonus specials on Saturday racing.
There are also a range of promos on other sports such as AFL and NRL, but only existing BlueBet customers can access these bonus offers in the ‘Promotions’ section of the website.
Step By Step Guide on How to Sign Up at BlueBet
Joining BlueBet will only take a couple of minutes as you complete your personal details and can make your first deposit once you have signed up for an account.
Here is a step-by-step guide to signing up at BlueBet:
Step 1: Visit bluebet.com.au or click here to be taken to the sign-up page.
Step 2: Complete your personal details.
Step 3: Once you have completed your details, you can either make your first deposit right away or at a later date.
Step 4: Your account has been created! You can now browse racing and sports markets, as well as view all available promotions.
HOW TO JOIN BLUEBET
There is no bonus code needed to join BlueBet. The easiest way to open an account is by following our “Step By Step Guide on How to Sign Up at BlueBet” section above.
Alternatively, you can click “Join” at the top of this review to be taken directly to BlueBet to sign up for an account today.
WHAT DO I NEED TO JOIN?
The following details are required to sign up to BlueBet:
• Date of Birth
• Email Address
• Contact Number
You will also be asked to create a Username between 6-20 characters and a password between 6-20 characters for your BlueBet account.
BlueBet requires account holders to verify their account within 14 days of their first transaction.
To verify an account with BlueBet, you must provide 100 points of identification. To see the full list of documentation that BlueBet accepts for account verification, go to www.bluebet.com.au/id-verification.
BlueBet Existing Customer Promotions & Rewards
BlueBet offers several racing and sports promotions each week. Some of these remain in place such as Protest Payout and BlueBoost, while others change based on racing or sporting events that are taking place.
It is recommended to view BlueBet’s promotions on a regular basis to see what specials are available. To do this, you must have a BlueBet online betting account as promotions cannot be viewed without an account.
Again, there is no bonus code needed to claim promotions.
BlueBet offers a Protest Payout on all Australian thoroughbred races. That means if your horse is first past the post, you will still be paid out as a winner even if it is beaten in a protest.
Therefore, both the interim winner and the official winner will be paid out as a winner in the event of a protest. It applies to Fixed and Tote Win bets and the Win portion of Each-Way bets.
Multis are not eligible for the Protest Payout and futures’ bets will also not apply.
See BlueBet’s Protest Payout in the promotions section for full terms and conditions.
BlueBoost – Pump Up Your Odds, Every Day
One of BlueBet’s regular promotions is their BlueBoost promotion where you receive pumped up odds on Australian thoroughbred and greyhound races.
BlueBoost is available for bets placed on thoroughbred and greyhound racing markets using a mobile device, as well as iOS, Android, mobile and desktop.
Bets placed via telephone, live bets, or bets placed with bonus bets will not be eligible for the BlueBoost promotion.
For eligible races, you will see the BlueBoost button – it will appear as “BBoost.” An example of a BlueBoost price differential is the following. A horse may be $2.70 fixed Win odds; the BlueBoost price on offer could be $3.
Footy Same Game Multi
We have looked at a couple of regular promotions available at BlueBet. Next up, we have an example of a feature.
The Footy Same Game Multi is a feature available on both AFL and NRL matches. You can log in to BlueBet to what offers and promotions are available on footy same game multis.
BlueBet Sportsbook Review
BlueBet was launched in November 2015 and is an Australian publicly listed company that appears on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX).
Chief Executive Officer Michael Sullivan is a familiar name within the industry. With more than 30 years’ worth of experience, Sullivan was previously the CEO of Sportingbet in the early 2000s.
BlueBet has offices in Darwin and Sydney and operates under a Northern Territory Gambling Licence.
BlueBet Mobile App
• Free to download: BlueBet’s mobile app is available on iOS and Android devices and is free to download.
• Best presented: It could make a case for being the best presented betting app available with a simple design that is easy to navigate. The homepage features the next five races to jump and popular markets.
• Easy to navigate: You can quickly navigate between racing and sports markets which provides a great betting experience on the go using your mobile or other handheld device.
• Promotions: Checking out BlueBet’s latest promotions is simple using the app. Simply click the top-left menu icon and press Promotions. All the current promotions available are displayed if you are logged into your BlueBet account.
• Activity Feed: In addition to viewing the latest racing and sports markets, when using the BlueBet app, you can quickly check your Activity Feed using the bottom menu. The Activity Feed will show your pending bets, activity and tips & alerts.
BlueBet Betting Markets
BlueBet offers betting markets on thoroughbred, greyhound and harness racing. They also provide sports betting for around 20 different sporting events. The full list of BlueBet sports betting markets available at the time of writing are:
• Australian Rules
• Rugby League
• Rugby Union
• American Football
• Ice Hockey
• Martial Arts
• Motor Sport
BlueBet also offers live betting; to do so, you must call them to place a bet on a live sporting event. These include NBA, AFL, NRL, MLB, NHL, PGA and T20 cricket.
There is also enhanced odds on offer with BlueBoost. Available on Australian thoroughbred and greyhound races, eligible customers can pump up odds on their favourite runners.
Odds vs Evens is a popular bet type available on racing markets. With this bet type, you are selecting whether you think the winner will carry an odd-numbered saddlecloth or an even-numbered saddlecloth.
Bluebet Bet Types
There are numerous bet types available at BlueBet and here are the most common bet types available with the bookmaker.
Racing Bet Types
• Win: Backing a horse to finish in first place.
• Place: Backing a horse to finish first, second or third. For races with 5-8 runners, only the first two placings will be paid out as a successful place bet.
• Each-Way: A combination of a win and place bet.
• BBoost: This stands for BlueBoost. It is enhanced Win odds for a runner to finish in first place.
• Same Race Multi: Combine 2-4 legs into a Same Race multi. You can select horses to either win, finish top 2, top 3 or top 4 in your multi.
• Quinella: Select the first two horses past the post in any order.
• Exacta: Select the first two horses past the post in the correct order.
• Trifecta: Select the first three horses past the post in the correct order.
• First Four: Select the first four horses past the post in the correct order.
• Odds vs Evens: Pick whether the winner will be an odd numbered or even numbered runner in a race.
• Quadrella/Quaddie: Pick the winner of four nominated races for the selected racetrack. These races will be consecutive races ie. Races 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Sport Bet Types
• Match Result/H2H: Select which player/team will win an event.
• Handicap/Line: Select which handicap result will occur for a match. One team will have a negative handicap (favourite) and the other will have a positive handicap (underdog).
• Total Points: Choose whether the total match points will go over or under the total set by the bookmaker.
• Margin: Select what the margin will be for a particular team winning. For example, 1-39 and 40+ margin markets are popular in AFL matches.
• Pick Your Own Line: Similar to the handicap market, except you get to choose what handicap you would like to have in the match.
• First Goalscorer: Another popular sports bet type is the first goalscorer/tryscorer market. If your selected player kicks the first goal or scores the first try, then your bet is successful.
BlueBet Live in-play Betting
BlueBet offers live in-play betting on sport. Due to legislation, BlueBet, like other bookmakers, require customers to place in-play betting via phone call. This means that the customer will need to call BlueBet in order to place a bet on live sport.
To place an in-play bet on a live sporting event, call BlueBet on 1800 797 558.
BlueBet Betting Multibets
Multis are one of the most popular bet types and BlueBet gives customers lots of flexibility when it comes to placing a multi on racing and/or sports.
One feature that they provide is called “Rapid Multi.” Located in the Sport tab, the Rapid Multi section on BlueBet will have the most popular sporting competitions available for punters to quickly put together several legs into a multi.
The Rapid Multi section only has the main markets available, which is what most punters are looking for when placing a sports multibet. These include, head-to-head, handicap and margin betting options.
For more multi options, punters can select the sport(s) of their choice, select their relevant selections and locate “Multi Bets” in their bet slip.
Potential payouts are much larger for multis as you are combining several results into a single bet – all legs of the multi must be successful for the multi to be a winner.
For a little added insurance, BlueBet offer some wonderful promotions when it comes to multis with bonus bets being available on certain sports if one leg fails. See the promotions section on BlueBet for more details.
BlueBet Horse Racing
Horse racing is the most popular of the three racing codes and BlueBet offers extensive betting markets on all Australian, New Zealand and international thoroughbred racing.
By clicking on Today’s Racing, All Racing or Thoroughbred under the Racing tab, you will see all of the thoroughbred race meetings available. From here, you can select which racetrack and race number you’d like to view.
BlueBet offer every racing bet type that you would expect to see, including win, each-way, trifecta and quaddies, just to name a few.
BlueBet Jockey Challenges
Jockey Challenges are a popular bet type where the punter is backing the jockey that they believe will score the most points for the meeting. Points are awarded on a 3, 2 and 1 basis across the meeting.
Several jockeys will be listed for the venue while the other option available will be ‘Any Other Individual Jockey’ which means if the jockey challenge winner is not listed in the market, that betting option is the winner for the meeting.
BlueBet Box Challenges
Box Challenges refers to greyhound racing where punters are backing which box will accrue the most points for the meeting. Like the Jockey Challenge, points are awarded on a 3, 2 and 1 basis.
Dead heat rules apply for BlueBet’s Box Challenges which means multiple boxes could be paid out as winners if two or more boxes were to finish on the equal-most points.
BlueBet have several methods of contact which will appeal to most.
The easiest method of contact for most customers will be Live Chat. Log into your BlueBet account and click on “Live Chat” to start talking to a BlueBet customer representative.
There are three numbers that you can use to contact customer service. Refer to the following for:
• Customer Service: 1800 797 644
• Racing: 1800 797 066
• Sport: 1800 797 558
BlueBet can be contacted via email. Their email address is: [email protected]
Within Australia – 02 9571 0033
Outside Australia – +61 2 9571 0033
PO Box 141
Randwick NSW 2031
BlueBet Payment Methods
BlueBet offer the following payment methods – Credit/Debit Card, POLi, Fund Transfers BPAY, Cheques and Cash.
- The following deposit methods are available at BlueBet:
- Credit/Debit Card: You can use your Credit or Debit Card to deposit into your betting account. BlueBet does not charge any credit card fees and deposits will be made instantly.
- POLi: Facilities are available for BlueBet customers to make deposits via POLi.
- Fund Transfers: Deposits can be made via EFT (electronic funds transfer). To do this, you will use your personal bank’s website and deposits via EFT can take up to 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
- BPAY: Another deposit option is BPAY. The biller code is 250738 and deposits via BPAY can take up to 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays).
- Cheques: BlueBet accept personal, company and bank cheques, money orders or overseas drafts. The timeframe for this method will be dependent upon normal cheque clearance requirements.
- Cash: Only available at NAB branches. You will need to notify NAB of the BlueBet bank account details which can be found when you click the “deposit button” and select the EFT notification tab.
The following withdrawal methods are available at BlueBet:
- Credit Card: Customers who have deposited by credit card (this excludes debit cards) must return the equal amount of their credit card deposits that have previously been deposited into their BlueBet betting account back to the same card. They can elect to have winnings surplus to those credit card deposits made back into their own bank account.
- Bank EFT: Internet bank transfer is the most common withdrawal method at BlueBet. These may take 1-2 business days to clear and are dependent upon your banking institution.
BlueBet vs Other Bookmakers
Looking for key differences between BlueBet and rival bookmakers? Here are five differences between BlueBet and their competitors.
1. BlueBet have less available markets compared to some of their main competitors. A good example of this is Sportsbet that offer novelty markets on entertainment TV shows for example.
2. The website design of BlueBet is superior to most, if not all, of their rivals. This applies to both the desktop version and mobile apps.
3. BlueBet’s price boost promotion (BlueBoost) is available as a separate column so that you can see the BlueBoost price for every single horse in the race. Some rivals require you to select the horse that you want to boost and click a button to view what the boosted odds will be.
4. Futures betting options for Group 1 thoroughbred racing at BlueBet is not up to the same standard as rival bookmakers. At times, there are no futures markets available on these races at BlueBet.
5. Customer service options are plentiful at BlueBet with the live chat option being the best feature. All the different contact methods available is better than almost all rival bookmakers.
BlueBet’s Responsible Gambling Policy
BlueBet is dedicated to promoting and facilitating responsible gambling. They have crafted their own Responsible Gambling Policy as part of this commitment.
For full details on BlueBet’s Responsible Gambling Policy, visit www.bluebet.com.au/responsible-gambling.
BlueBet Company Information
|Apple IOS App
|1800 797 066
|1800 797 558
|Phone (Customer Service)
|1800 797 644
|PO Box 141, Randwick NSW 2031
|Northern Territory Gambling Licence
To analyse BlueBet in relation to other premier platforms and discover your ideal match, look into our guide to the best sports betting sites in Australia.
Is There a BlueBet Bonus Code Offer?
Due to Australian laws and legislation that outlaw inducements, there is currently no BlueBet new customer offer available.
Does BlueBet have a VIP program?
BlueBet does not offer a VIP program. They do, however, offer daily promotions that BlueBet customers have access to.
How do you become a VIP on BlueBet?
There isn’t a VIP program at BlueBet. Becoming a BlueBet account holder will give you access to the full range of racing and sports markets, as well as their promotional offers such as enhanced odds via BlueBoost.
Can you cash out on BlueBet?
Yes. BlueBet offers a Cash Out option so that punters can cash out of their pending multis.
What verification documents are required by BlueBet?
BlueBet require 100 points of identification to verify a betting account. Primary documents such as birth certificate are worth 70 points and secondary documents such as a driver’s licence are worth 40 points.
How long does BlueBet take to withdraw?
Withdrawals times can vary from bank to bank, but a typical EFT bank transfer generally takes 1-2 business days (excluding weekends and public holidays).
What is the BlueBet maximum payout?
The maximum payout by BlueBet to an individual or entity varies based on the betting product. All sports bets have a maximum payout of $100,000 while racing can vary from $1,000 to $100,000 based upon the bet type and racing code.
How secure is the BlueBet betting app?
The BlueBet betting app is very secure. They are Australian owned and licenced which means customers have nothing to worry about.
Where can I download the BlueBet App?
You can download the BlueBet betting app via the App Store on iOS or Google Play on Android devices.
- Pros: Australian publicly listed company , 100% Australian owned , Website is neat and easy to navigate, Great AFL & NRL promos, Excellent customer service, Horse Racing Live Streams
- Cons: They offer less sports markets than some rival bookmakers, No live streaming of sports