BELMONT RACECOURSE: TIPS, BETTING ADVICE & TRACK GUIDE
Belmont Racecourse has been in operation since December 1910 and is one of the best winter racecourses in the world.
It is approximately an 8-minute drive from the Perth CBD which makes it one of the most easily accessible racecourses in the country.
Belmont is home to a total of three Group 3 races, (with all Group 1 and Group 2 races held at Ascot Racecourse):
- The Belmont Sprint
- The Hyperion Stakes
- The Strickland Stakes
Belmont Park Racetrack has a circumference of 1,699m with a 333m straight with races run anti-clockwise.
Race distances are from 1,000 metres to 2,400 metres, runners on the inside barrier hold the advantage in the short and long-distance races.
BETTING ON BELMONT RACES
They also offer some of the best odds on Belmont racing throughout the year.
Or take advantage of the top 5 bookmaker deals below.
- Read review Daily Double Your Winnings & Bonus Bet offers RecommendedNew Customers Join Now
- Read review New Customers Join Now
- Read review Live Stream Sky Racing AUS & NZ races New Customers Join Now
- Read review Venue Mode! Great Promos! Watch Every race live with Sky Racing New Customers Join Now
- Read Review Access the Neds Toolbox & Bonus Bet offers for 2nd & 3rd New Customers Join Now
BELMONT RACECOURSE LIVE STREAM
In order to watch races, live on the TAB app or website, you must create an account and click on the race you wish to view.
Sportsbet have a Watch Live icon that will appear on their website and app. To watch a livestream of Belmont racing:
- Got to sportsbet.com.au or their app
- Click on ‘Racing’ in the left-hand menu
- Select Belmont from the list of ‘Racing’ meetings
- Click the play icon or ‘Watch Live’ icon for the specific Belmont race that you wish to view
BELMONT RACECOURSE HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
Ever since Belmont Park Racecourse opened in 1910, it has been regarded by experts as one of the best winter racecourses in the world.
The racecourse was also used and a landing zone for planes during 1911 and 1919.
Belmont plays host to many Group 3 races as well as many events.
The four-level grandstand is home to multiple suites, bars and restaurants with gorgeous views of the racetrack which lays along the Swan River.
BELMONT RACECOURSE GROUP 3 RACES
Belmont is home to three Group 3 races during the winter season with the first of the calendar year being the Belmont Sprint (1,400m) in May, followed by the Hyperion Stakes (1,600m) in June and the Strickland Stakes (2,000m) in June.
The Belmont Sprint (1,400m) is run by horses from the ages of two years and older, in under-weight-for-age conditions with a total prize of $150,000.
The Hyperion Stakes (1,600m) is run by horses from the ages of three years and older, in under-weight-for-age conditions with a total prize of $150,000.
The Strickland Stakes (2,000m) is run by horses from the ages of two years and older, in under-weight-for-age conditions with a total prize of $150,000.
BELMONT RACECOURSE TRACK AND FACILITIES
Belmont Park Racetrack has a circumference of 1,699m and a 333m straight which is situated between the city and the river.
Belmont Racecourse is the home of winter racing in Perth, thanks to its elite drainage system which consistently holds winter racedays without delays.
The racetrack is situated in close correlation to the CBD and Perth Crown complex, making it easily accessible with plenty of entertainment options.
BELMONT RACECOURSE EVENTS
To see the upcoming Belmont Racecourse events, click the link below to visit the Belmont Racecourse website.
Belmont Park has free entry on all racedays.
HOW TO GET TO BELMONT RACECOURSE FROM PERTH CBD?
There are many different options to travel from the Perth CBD to Belmont Park Racecourse. Here are some directions on how to get to the racetrack.
- Walk to Perth Stn Platform 6 (Stop number 99906)
- Catch train Armadale Line, Perth Stn Platform 6 St (Stop number 99906) to Perth Stadium Stn Platform 4 (Stop Number 99034)
- Walk 734m to Belmont Park Racecourse (11 mins)
- Depart from Perth CBD
- Turn right onto Barrack Street (150m)
- Turn right onto Wellington Street (400m)
- Turn left onto Lord Street towards 8 and Welshpool (600m)
- Turn right towards 8 and Welshpool (700m)
- Merge onto Graham Farmer Freeway (800m)
- Arrive at Belmont Park Racecourse (2.2km)
- Victoria Park Drive, Burswood WA 6100, Australia