EAGLE FARM RACECOURSE: TIPS, BETTING ADVICE & TRACK GUIDE
The Eagle Farm Racecourse was first opened in 1863, making it one of the most historic racetracks in Australia.
It is approximately a 16-minute drive from the Brisbane CBD, situated directly across from the Doomben Racecourse.
Eagle Farm Racetrack has a circumference of 2,027m with a 434m straight with races run in a clockwise direction.
BETTING ON EAGLE FARM RACES
They also offer some of the best odds on Eagle Farm racing throughout the year.
Or take advantage of the top 5 bookmaker deals below.
- Read review Daily Double Your Winnings & Bonus Bet offers RecommendedNew Customers Join Now
- Read review Venue Mode! Great Promos! Watch Every race live with Sky Racing New Customers Join Now
- Read review Live Stream Sky Racing AUS & NZ races New Customers Join Now
- Read review New Customers Join Now
- Read Review Access the Neds Toolbox & Bonus Bet offers for 2nd & 3rd New Customers Join Now
EAGLE FARM RACECOURSE LIVE STREAM
1. Got to Sportsbet or TAB on mobile or desktop
2. Click on ‘Racing’ in the menu
3. Select Eagle Farm from the list of ‘Racing’ meetings
4. Click the play icon or ‘Watch Live’ icon for the specific Eagle Farm race that you wish to view
EAGLE FARM RACECOURSE HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
The Eagle Farm Racecourse is rich with history, the first race was run in 1865, but races were run on the same patch of land two years prior.
Like Doomben Racecourse across the road, the racetrack was used during the Pacific War by the U.S military.
In 2009, a 10-year plan was put in place to renovate Eagle Farm and Doomben, including extra funds to build a nearby hotel and a new car park to accommodate up to 1,600 cars for big race days making it one of the best racecourses in the world.
With an exceptional grandstand and multiple bars and restaurants, it makes it one of the most entertainment fuelled racetracks in the world. You can also book and host various suites and terraces on racedays.
EAGLE FARM RACECOURSE GROUP 1 RACES
Eagle Farm is home to five Group 1 races, with three of those (Queensland Derby, J J Atkins and the Stradbroke Handicap) all run on the one raceday.
The Kingsford Smith Cup (1,300m) is the first group 1 race on the calendar and is a weight-for-age race with a total prize pool of $700,000.
The Stradbroke Handicap (1,400m) is the biggest feature of them all, with a total prize pool of $1,500,000.
However, the Queensland Derby (2,400m), J J Atkins (1,600m) and the Tattersalls Tiara (1,400m) are notable racedays with jam packed events at Eagle Farm.
|Kingsford Smith Cup||1300m|
EAGLE FARM RACECOURSE TRACK AND FACILITIES
The Eagle Farm Racetrack has a circumference of 2,027m and a 434m straight, run on turf. It makes it a favourable contest for everyone, particularly on the home straight, where back-runners are in a good position to make a late surge.
Eagle Farm is the premier racecourse in Brisbane and is also a heritage-listed horse racing site.
The racetrack also hosts multiple world class training facilities for staff and trainers year-round at the Eagle Farm Course Proper.
Eagle Farm is currently owned by the Brisbane Racing Club.
EAGLE FARM WEATHER
EAGLE FARM RACECOURSE EVENTS
To see the upcoming Eagle Farm Racecourse events, click the link below.
EAGLE FARM TICKETS
To view the ticket prices for upcoming Eagle Farm race meetings. Click the link below.
Eagle Farm Tickets
HOW TO GET TO EAGLE FARM RACECOURSE FROM BRISBANE CBD?
There are many different options to travel from the Brisbane CBD to Eagle Farm Racecourse. Here are some directions on how to get to the racetrack.
- Walk to Adelaide St, Stop 23, near David Jones
- Catch Bus route 300 to Zillman Rd at Hendra Rail, Stop 32/8, Hendra
- Walk 1053m to Eagle Farm Racecourse (15 mins)
- Depart from Brisbane CBD
- Continue onto Eagle Street (500m)
- Continue onto Breakfast Creek Road towards Newstead (2.4km)
- Turn left onto Racecourse Road (3km)
- Continue straight to the destination (900m)
- 230 Lancaster Road, Ascot QLD 4007, Australia