ROYAL RANDWICK RACECOURSE: TIPS, BETTING ADVICE & TRACK GUIDE
The Royal Randwick Racecourse was first opened in the 1830’s but thoroughbred racing first began in 1833.
The Royal Randwick Racecourse is approximately a 11-minute drive from the Sydney CBD.
Royal Randwick is home to a total of 22 Group 1 races, some of them include:
- Randwick Guineas
- Doncaster Mile
- T J Smith Stakes
- Australian Derby
- Queen Elizabeth Stakes
- Sydney Cup
- Epsom Handicap
Royal Randwick Racetrack has a circumference of 2,227m with a 410m straight.
BETTING ON ROYAL RANDWICK RACES
They also offer some of the best odds on Royal Randwick racing throughout the year.
Or take advantage of the top 5 bookmaker deals below.
Daily Double Your Winnings & Bonus Bet offers
RecommendedNew Customers Join Now
- Read review New Customers Join Now
- Read review Live Stream Sky Racing AUS & NZ races New Customers Join Now
- Read review Venue Mode! Great Promos! Watch Every race live with Sky Racing New Customers Join Now
- Read Review Access the Neds Toolbox & Bonus Bet offers for 2nd & 3rd New Customers Join Now
ROYAL RANDWICK RACECOURSE LIVE STREAM
In order to watch races, live on the TAB app or website, you must create an account and click on the race you wish to view.
Sportsbet have a Watch Live icon that will appear on their website and app. To watch a livestream of Royal Randwick racing:
- Got to sportsbet.com.au or their app
- Click on ‘Racing’ in the left-hand menu
- Select Royal Randwick from the list of ‘Racing’ meetings
- Click the play icon or ‘Watch Live’ icon for the specific Royal Randwick race that you wish to view
ROYAL RANDWICK RACECOURSE HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
The racetrack was first known as the ‘Sandy Course’ throughout the 1830/40’s and was used for convict labour. Horse racing began in 1833 but stopped a short five years later.
20 years on, racing returned, and the first race meeting was held in 1860, still as a sandy course. In the late 1800’s and early 1900’s the racecourse became the biggest source of entertainment to the people of Randwick, with a tramway station eventually being built to the racecourse.
The racetrack was also used by allied powers during the world wars.
Royal Randwick is the main racecourse in New South Wales and one of the best in the world. On the Australian Turf Club website, you can view different packages and dining options which are all varied. The Ballroom is exquisite dining experience on raceday. There are also multiple grandstands that overlook the winning post.
ROYAL RANDWICK RACECOURSE GROUP 1 RACES
Royal Randwick is home to 22 Group 1 races with The Everest (1,200m) having the biggest prize pool of $15,000,000. The race sees horses with weight for age conditions compete. However, there is a $600,000 entry fee for all choices.
The jam packed raceday calendar has notable highlights in Spring with the Epsom Handicap (1,600m) and Melbourne Cup day being some of the busiest days of the year. April is the busiest month of them all with 10 Group 1 races in three weekends.
The other notable Royal Randwick races include the Doncaster Mile (1,600m) and the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2,000m) which are a week apart in April. The Doncaster Mile (1,600m) is ran under handicap conditions with a prize pool of $1,500,000. The Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2,000m) is ran by horses three years and over under WFA conditions with a prize pool of $2,000,000.
|Chipping Norton Stakes||1,600m|
|TJ Smith Stakes||1,200m|
|Queen Elizabeth Stakes||2,000m|
|Queen of the Turf Stakes||1,600m|
|All Aged Stakes||1,400m|
|George Main Stakes||1,600m|
|Spring Champion Stakes||2,000m|
ROYAL RANDWICK RACECOURSE TRACK AND FACILITIES
The Royal Randwick Racetrack has a circumference of 2,227m and a 410m straight that is run in a clockwise direction, due to the large sweeping track, it is possible for all runners to win the track.
The Kensington track is the second inner course inside the facility but closed not long after it was launched in 2013. However, it has been renovated and redeveloped to host a lot of racedays in the winter months and is also a training ground.
It has been open since 1833 and hosts yearly racing, fashion and events.
ROYAL RANDWICK RACECOURSE EVENTS
To see the upcoming Royal Randwick Racecourse events, click the link below to visit the Australian Turf Club website.
ROYAL RANDWICK TICKETS
The Australian Turf Club website is the best place to view packages and book tickets for upcoming racedays at the Royal Randwick Racecourse.
To view the ticket prices for upcoming Royal Randwick race meetings. Click the link below to find tickets.
HOW TO GET TO ROYAL RANDWICK RACECOURSE FROM SYDNEY CBD?
There are many different options to travel from the Sydney CBD to the Royal Randwick Racecourse. Here are some directions on how to get to the racetrack.
- Walk to Central Chalmers Street Light Rail, Stop ID 2000447)
- Catch Randwick line (Circular Quay to Randwick)
- Get off at Royal Randwick Light Rail, Centennial Park
- Walk 291m to Royal Randwick Racecourse
- Depart from Sydney CBD
- Turn left onto Sussex Street towards City South (300m)
- Turn left onto Bathurst Street (350m)
- Turn right onto Elizabeth Street (500m)
- Bear left onto Liverpool Street (200m)
- Bear left onto Liverpool Street (50m)
- Bear right onto Flinders Street towards Randwick and Airport (800m)
- Continue onto ANZAC Parade (700m)
- Turn left onto Alison Road towards Randwick and Coogee (1.7km)
- Turn right onto Darley Road (900m)
- Arrive at destination (10m)
- Alison Road, Randwick NSW 2031, Australia