ROSEHILL GARDENS RACECOURSE: TIPS, BETTING ADVICE & TRACK GUIDE
The Rosehill Gardens Racecourse was first opened in 1885 and is currently in operation by the Australian Turf Club.
The Rosehill Gardens Racecourse is approximately a 24-minute drive from the Sydney CBD.
Rosehill Gardens is home to a total of 9 Group 1 races *in order*:
- Golden Slipper
- Rosehill Guineas
- The Galaxy
- George Ryder Stakes
- Ranvet Stakes
- Tancred Stakes
- Vinery Stud Stakes
- Golden Rose Stakes
- The Golden Eagle
Rosehill Gardens Racetrack has a circumference of 2,048m with a 408m straight.
BETTING ON ROSEHILL GARDENS RACES
They also offer some of the best odds on Rosehill Gardens racing throughout the year.
Or take advantage of the top 5 bookmaker deals below
- Read review Daily Double Your Winnings & Bonus Bet offers RecommendedNew Customers Join Now
- Read review New Customers Join Now
- Read review Live Stream Sky Racing AUS & NZ races New Customers Join Now
- Read review Venue Mode! Great Promos! Watch Every race live with Sky Racing New Customers Join Now
- Read Review Access the Neds Toolbox & Bonus Bet offers for 2nd & 3rd New Customers Join Now
ROSEHILL GARDENS RACECOURSE LIVE STREAM
In order to watch races, live on the TAB app or website, you must create an account and click on the race you wish to view.
Sportsbet have a Watch Live icon that will appear on their website and app. To watch a livestream of Rosehill Gardens racing:
- Got to sportsbet.com.au or their app
- Click on ‘Racing’ in the left-hand menu
- Select Rosehill Gardens from the list of ‘Racing’ meetings
- Click the play icon or ‘Watch Live’ icon for the specific Rosehill Gardens race that you wish to view
ROSEHILL GARDENS RACECOURSE HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
Construction at the Rosehill Racecourse began in 1883 with construction being completed in 1885. In 1943 the Sydney Turf Club operated the racecourse but in 2011 they merged with the Australian Jockey Club which fell to the Australian Turf Club.
Rosehill Gardens has many function rooms and bars that can be booked inside the three-tier grandstand which makes for a fantastic viewing on racedays. You can view all packages and entertainment options on the Australian Turf Club website.
ROSEHILL GARDENS RACECOURSE GROUP 1 RACES
Rosehill Gardens is home to 9 Group 1 races with five of them run on the Golden Slipper Stakes Day in April, and the feature race at Rosehill, the Golden Slipper Stakes (1,200m), is the richest two-year-old race in the world.
The Tancred Stakes (2,400m) and the Vinery Stud Stakes (2,000m) are ran a week later than the Golden Slipper Stakes. The Tancred Stakes is for horses three years and older, whilst, the Vinery Stud Stakes is run by three-year-old fillies.
The Golden Eagle (1,500m) is a race that has a prize pool of $7,500,000 for four-year-old horses.
|George Ryder Stakes||1,500m|
|Vinery Stud Stakes||2,000m|
|Golden Rose Stakes||1,400m|
|The Golden Eagle||1,500m|
ROSEHILL GARDENS RACECOURSE TRACK AND FACILITIES
The Rosehill Gardens Racetrack has a circumference of 2,048m and a 408m straight that is run anti clockwise and hosts some of the richest races in the world, located in the Greater Western Sydney suburbs.
The turf track has sweeping corners and with such a long straight it makes it easier for backmarkers to be the first ones to cross the finishing post.
The Golden Slipper Stakes day is the only raceday that has five Group 1 races.
ROSEHILL GARDENS RACECOURSE EVENTS
To see the upcoming Rosehill Gardens Racecourse events, click the link below to visit the Australian Turf Club website.
ROSEHILL GARDENS TICKETS
The Australian Turf Club website is the best place to view packages and book tickets for upcoming racedays at the Rosehill Gardens Racecourse.
To view the ticket prices for upcoming Rosehill Gardens race meetings. Click the link below to find tickets.
HOW TO GET TO ROSEHILL GARDENS RACECOURSE FROM SYDNEY CBD?
There are many different options to travel from the Sydney CBD to the Rosehill Gardens Racecourse. Here are some directions on how to get to the racetrack.
- Walk to Central Station, Platform 18
- Catch Train Richmond via Parramatta to Parramatta Station, Platform 2 (26 min)
- Walk 170m to Parramatta Station, Stand A2
- Catch M92 to James Ruse Dr opp Prospect St
- Walk 237m to Rosehill Gardens Racecourse
- Depart from Sydney CBD
- Continue towards Anzac Bridge (300m)
- Keep left on Western Distributor Freeway towards Glebe and Fish Markets (350m)
- Keep left onto A4 towards Ashfield and Parramatta (2.8km)
- Keep left to merge onto Western Motorway (4.3km)
- Take exit Parramatta onto James Ruse Drive towards Rosehill Racecourse (12km)
- Turn right onto James Ruse Drive towards Rosehill Racecourse and Parramatta (350m)
- Turn right onto Hassall Street towards Rosehill Racecourse (1.4km)
- Turn right into the car park (350m)
- Arrive at destination (300m)
- James Ruse Drive, Rosehill NSW 2142, Australia