MORPHETTVILLE RACECOURSE: TIPS, BETTING ADVICE & TRACK GUIDE
The Morphettville Racecourse was first opened in 1876, making it one of the youngest racecourses in South Australia.
The Morphettville Racecourse is approximately a 14-minute drive from the Adelaide CBD.
Morphettville is home to a total of four Group 1 races *in order*:
- Schweppes Australasian Oaks
- Robert Sangster Stakes
- South Australian Derby
- The Goodwood
Morphettville Racetrack has a circumference of 2,339m with a 334m straight.
BETTING ON MORPHETTVILLE RACES
They also offer some of the best odds on Morphettville racing throughout the year.
Or take advantage of the top 5 bookmaker deals below.
- Read review Daily Double Your Winnings & Bonus Bet offers RecommendedNew Customers Join Now
- Read review New Customers Join Now
- Read review Live Stream Sky Racing AUS & NZ races New Customers Join Now
- Read review Venue Mode! Great Promos! Watch Every race live with Sky Racing New Customers Join Now
- Read Review Access the Neds Toolbox & Bonus Bet offers for 2nd & 3rd New Customers Join Now
MORPHETTVILLE RACECOURSE LIVE STREAM
In order to watch races, live on the TAB app or website, you must create an account and click on the race you wish to view.
Sportsbet have a Watch Live icon that will appear on their website and app. To watch a livestream of Morphettville racing:
- Got to sportsbet.com.au or their app
- Click on ‘Racing’ in the left-hand menu
- Select Morphettville from the list of ‘Racing’ meetings
- Click the play icon or ‘Watch Live’ icon for the specific Morphettville race that you wish to view
MORPHETTVILLE RACECOURSE HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
Morphettville is the home of the South Australian Jockey Club with their first race meeting being held in 1876. However, there is more than 60 race meetings per year today. It has also been the only remaining metropolitan racetrack in South Australia for 12 years.
The racetrack was redeveloped in 2002 with races of all distances being run. But on the other hand, there is also a ‘Parks Track’ inside the facility due to the lack of racecourses in Adelaide. It has a circumference of 2,100m with a 320m straight.
As a spectator, there are various dining options and packages available for selected prices. Restaurant 1873 is a highlight of the dining options inside the racecourse, draws are also common to put you in the running for various prizes on raceday.
MORPHETTVILLE RACECOURSE GROUP 1 RACES
Morphettville is home to four Group 1 races all run in May during the Adelaide Autumn Carnival. It is also the only racetrack in South Australia that hosts Group 1 races.
The Australasian Oaks and (2,000m) and the South Australian Derby (2,500) are the longest of the four Group 1 races with a prize pool of $500,000 and $600,000.
The remaining Group 1 races are the Robert Sangster Stakes (1,200m) and The Goodwood (1,200m). The Robert Sangster Stakes is run by fillies and mares with a prize pool this year of $600,000, whilst, The Goodwood is a sprint race with a lower prize pool of $750,000 this year.
The Robert Sangster Stakes and the Australasian Oaks are run on the same raceday.
|Schweppes Australasian Oaks||2,000m|
|Robert Sangster Stakes||1,200m|
|South Australian Derby||2,500m|
MORPHETTVILLE RACECOURSE TRACK AND FACILITIES
The Morphettville Racetrack has a circumference of 2,339m and a 334m straight with races run anti-clockwise and is the home of the Adelaide Autumn Carnival.
The racetrack was redeveloped in 2002 in an attempt to make it a fairer race for all horses, no matter what starting position they have as they head into the home straight.
Morphettville is home to the South Australian Jockey Club.
Morphettville is the biggest metropolitan racecourse in South Australia and hosts many tracks and training facilities inside its walls, with multiple tracks, rings and pools for the horses.
MORPHETTVILLE RACECOURSE EVENTS
To see the upcoming Morphetttville Racecourse events, click the link below to visit the Morphetttville Racing website.
The Morphetttville Racing website is the best place to view packages and book tickets for upcoming racedays at the Morphetttville Racecourse.
To view the ticket prices for upcoming Morphetttville race meetings. Click the link below to find tickets.
HOW TO GET TO MORPHETTVILLE RACECOURSE FROM ADELAIDE CBD?
There are many different options to travel from the Adelaide CBD to the Morphetttville Racecourse. Here are some directions on how to get to the racetrack.
- Walk to Stop E1 King William St – East side (3 min)
- Catch Train Somerton Park to Stop 15 Anzac Hwy – South East side (21 min)
- Walk 1.4km to Morphettville Racecourse (18 min)
- Depart from Adelaide CBD
- Turn right onto Victoria Square (300m)
- Turn left onto West Terrace (1.2km)
- Continue onto West Terrace (700m)
- Turn left onto Morphett Road towards Marion (6.5km)
- Turn left onto Bray Street (700m)
- Head straight until find a park (450m)
- 79 Morphett Road, Morphettville SA 5043, Australia