ASCOT RACECOURSE: TIPS, BETTING ADVICE & TRACK GUIDE
Ascot Racecourse has been in operation since March 1848 and is the home of Perth Racing.
It is approximately a 15-minute drive from the Perth CBD which makes it one of the most easily accessible racecourses in the country.
Ascot Racecourse has a circumference of 2,022 metres with the home straight being 294 metres long.
Race distances are from 1,000 metres to 2,400 metres, runners on the inside barrier hold the advantage in the short and long-distance races.
BETTING ON ASCOT RACES
They also offer some of the best odds on Ascot racing throughout the year.
Or take advantage of the top 5 bookmaker deals below.
- Read review Daily Double Your Winnings & Bonus Bet offers RecommendedNew Customers Join Now
- Read review Live Stream Sky Racing AUS & NZ races New Customers Join Now
- Read review Venue Mode! Great Promos! Watch Every race live with Sky Racing New Customers Join Now
- Read Review Access the Neds Toolbox & Bonus Bet offers for 2nd & 3rd New Customers Join Now
- Read review New Customers Join Now
ASCOT RACECOURSE LIVE STREAM
In order to watch races, live on the TAB app or website, you must create an account and click on the race you wish to view.
Sportsbet have a Watch Live icon that will appear on their website and app. To watch a livestream of Ascot racing:
1. Got to sportsbet.com.au or their app
2. Click on ‘Racing’ in the left-hand menu
3. Select Ascot from the list of ‘Racing’ meetings
4. Click the play icon or ‘Watch Live’ icon for the specific Ascot race that you wish to view
ASCOT RACECOURSE HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
Ever since Ascot Racecourse was open in 1848, it has been regarded by experts as one of the toughest stayers.
Perth Racing, formally known as The Western Australian Turf Club was formed in October 1852 and held its first meeting in April 1853.
Perth Racing hosts 90 meetings per race season at home base, Ascot.
The magnificent two-tier grandstand and hospitality have made it one of the most entertaining and enjoyable racecourses in the country.
Ascot. Is also home to 15 different bars and restaurants which highlights its elegant touch on race days.
ASCOT RACECOURSE GROUP 1 RACES
Ascot is home to three Group 1 races with the first of the calendar year being the Railway Stakes (1600m) which followed by the Winterbottom Stakes (1200m) and finally the Kingston Town Classic (1,800m) in December.
The Kingston Town Classic is open for horses of any gender and age but is run as a weight for age race, that is anti-clockwise with a total prize pool of $1,000,000.
The Railway Stakes is open for horses three years of age and over with $1,000,000 prize money.
ASCOT RACECOURSE TRACK AND FACILITIES
With Ascot having a circumference of 2,022 metres with the home straight being 294 metres long, it makes a fair competition for any horse to win from the front or behind.
Ascot Racecourse is the home of spring racing in Western Australia, hosting over 15 restaurants and bars, as well as live music and endless entertainment which appeals to a variety of people.
Ascot is easily accessible with multiple car parks open every raceday on-site within walking distance to the gates.
It is also possible to host and book function rooms and events at Ascot.
ASCOT RACECOURSE EVENTS
To see the upcoming Ascot Racecourse events, click the link below to visit the Ascot Racecourse website.
Ascot Racecourse hosts 90 meetings every year.
The Perth Racing website is the best place to book tickets, hire venues and view dining packages for upcoming racedays at the Ascot racecourse.
To view the ticket prices for upcoming Ascot race meetings. Click the link below to find tickets.
HOW TO GET TO ASCOT RACECOURSE FROM PERTH CBD?
There are many different options to travel from the Perth CBD to Ascot Racecourse. Here are some directions on how to get to the racetrack.
- Walk to St Georges Tce Stand C – After William St (Stop number 10124)
- Catch bus 40, St Georges Tce Stand C – After William St (Stop number 10124) to Great Eastern Hwy Before Hargreaves St (Stop Number 14461)
- Walk 718m to Ascot Racecourse (11 mins)
- Depart from Perth CBD
- Turn right onto Welliington Street (300m)
- Turn left onto Lord Street (600m)
- Turn right onto Garratt Road (5.5km)
- At the roundabout, take the first exit (1.4km)
- Arrive at the destination (200m)
- Arrive at Ascot Racecourse, 70 Grandstand Road, Ascot WA 6104, Australia